Saturday, October 6, 2007

Turning 24 in Tegus!

Four birthday celebrations later, and I had a blast. After the Friday night fun with teachers (see previous post), I was feeling much better and my roommates and I, along with a couple of other teachers decided to go to Tegus to celebrate in style on Saturday night. It was Hector's b-day (a Honduran guy who works at the American embassy in Tegus and a friend of my roommate's boyfriend). He had already planned to go to La Grotta, an upscale trendy club in Tegus where you have to reserve a table beforehand and have to get bottle service. They served free shots that tasted like mango all night and we got a free bottle of champagne with a sparkler in it because it was my b-day at midnight. The cocktails were too sweet though. It was a long, fun night. Normally the clubs close at 2 am but because of some anniversary, the club stayed open until 5. The next morning, Jess, Jess's boyfriend, Hannah, and I went to TGIFriday's in the mall for lunch. They told the staff it was my birthday so they gave me this huge hat (think Cat and the hat) and made me get up and dance while they clapped and sung in Spanish. It was embarrassing but fun. Pictures are yet to come because they're not on my camera. On Monday, my kids surprised me with a cake they bought from the director (chocolate with peanut butter icing) and sang to me in English. Very cute!

The B-day Girls: Sarah and I


La Grotta...where I celebrated my birthday on Saturday night (Sep. 29th)...see, even third world countries have trendy bars!

Some of the teachers at La Grotta













Free champagne with a sparkler in it,
which I got because it was my b-day
Hannah and I at midnight!





Maya and I toasting

Free glow sticks!









The birthday cake my kids surprised me with. :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so the glowstick picture is easily my fav :) Although your kids are so cute!!

cheers,
Nicole